It’s 5 minutes to midnight I just sat down for the 1st time since 1:00 PM. The last thing on my to do list was make the Christmas fave … Ambrosia Salad. I make this EVERY year for my mom, she loves it. Of course the kids love it too – I mean who doesn’t love Ambrosia Salad?
So, you’ll need the following,
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned OR 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges (drained) – I used fresh because I had a case of them in the fridge
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tub of Cool Whip or your favourite whipped topping – thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (I use the coloured ones – miniature fruit-flavored)
- 1/2 cup flaked, sweet coconut
- 6 ounces reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- Strawberries, cut in 1/4 to your liking
- Maraschino cherries – I use the cherries as a topper
- In a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold remaining ingredients into whipped topping.
- Chill before serving.
- If you are not a fan of mainstream frozen whipped topping, you can find all-natural alternatives at stores like Whole Foods or in the organic section of your local grocer, or you could always make your own.