My first blog of 2018 …. and it’s a recipe. I’m in crunch mode – I’m taking the kids and I to Cuba in no less than 5 weeks …..
The other day, I had the sweetest tooth after dinner and immediately after eating a yummy healthy dinner, I dug right into a Caramel Sea Salt Cake from M&M’s – omg! talk about the most amazing thing of life!
Then I read the label (after I ate it) and omg’ed again! The Nutritional Facts blew me away, ugh!!!!
- Calories 510
- Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 630mg
- Carbohydrate 67g
- Protein 6g
Yep, I just ruined my healthy day of eating and exercise by eating 510 cals in ONE dessert!
So, tonight after another yummy healthy dinner of veggie burger, whole wheat/kamut bun and a mesclun mix salad with mango, sunflower seeds, goji berries, feta and homemade balsamic vinegar dressing – I once again had a sweet tooth, I was about to ruin my 10,000 steps and healthy dinner by eating an unhealthy dessert – so instead, I decided to make a healthy protein cup cake, that way I choose the ingredients, no preservatives and calorie count.
- 1 scoop IsaLean Creamy French Vanilla Protein Powder OR your favourite protein powder
- 1/4 of banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp Jif peanut butter
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 scoop IsaLean Creamy French Vanilla Protein Powder contains 12 g undenatured protein, 4 g of dietary fibre, 23 vitamins and minerals = 120 calories
- 1/4 cup mashed banana = 23 cals
- 1 tsp peanut butter – 1 tsp = 33 cals
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp = 3 cals
TOTAL: 179 calories
- In a small bowl add protein powder and cinnamon – mix
- Add in peanut butter, mashed banana and water – make it the consistency of batter
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Microwave for 2:00 mins – depending on the strength of your microwave you may need 2:30 mins.
- Remove from microwave oven and enjoy your low cal dessert!
I didn’t have any IsaDelights or dark chocolate or I would have added one on top to melt (yum!)
I definitely could have dressed it up a bit more for its photo opp but honestly I just couldn’t wait to dig in!
Try it and let me know what you think!